Activities and prayers to gather the group and introduce the theme
Use the Jump menu on the right to find Prayers and other resources.
- In advance, prepare slips of paper each with a day and time (e.g. 4pm Thursday; 9am Tuesday), and place them all in a bowl.
- Ask everyone to ‘take a time’. Invite them to recall and share with a neighbour what they were doing on that day at that time during the past week.
- Ask them to evaluate – using a scale of one to ten – how aware of God they were at that moment. In our worship today, we will explore how we listen for God and live our faith when we all have such busy lives. Return the slips to the bowl.
You could also use the image and following questions to help introduce the theme.
- What do you feel about the idea that you are chosen by Jesus?
- What is it about Jesus that would make you want to say, ‘yes’?
- What might make you hesitate in your response to Jesus?