We hope that our answers to the FAQs below will help you but do please contact us if there is anything else you'd like to ask.
Questions about logging in
How do I log in for the first time?
This depends on how your order was placed.
Did you order the subscription yourself?
- If NO - the person who placed the order needs to set up your web account. Please ask the person who placed the order to send you login information.
- If YES - see the instructions below.
|If you placed the order yourself, by post or phone
||If you placed the order yourself, online
- Go to the top right of the screen.
- Click the Create your ROOTS web account button.
- Follow the simple instructions.
- Go to the top right of this screen.
- Fill in the email address and password that you created
when you placed your order.
Can I use my own email address as my username?
Most definitely. Please use your own email address for all single-user subscriptions.
For sharing subscriptions:
- we strongly recommend that you use your own email address if you are the ROOTS subscription administrator and a continual user of the resources - i.e. you access the materials most weeks. Using your own email address as your username will ensure that you are able to access the website at any time that you need.
- If you have lots of people on a rota who use ROOTS materials less frequently, and you wouldn't have enough web user accounts to go round everyone, then you could consider setting up a general email address (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) for people to use when they're on duty. See some examples.
- Bear in mind that only one person can log in to a user account at one time. So, for example, if you have two Sunday School leaders preparing for the same Sunday, we advise that they should have different user accounts.
What if I've logged in successfully once but, on returning to the website, my login email address and password no longer work?
Are you sure you entered your email address and password correctly? You can check this by going to the forgotten password page.
If the email for resetting your password doesn't arrive you may need to alter your spam settings and/or add the email address: email@example.com to your whitelist.
Alternatively, you may need to delete your browsing history and/or clear your cache. Please follow these instructions.
Questions about managing my account
How do I change my email address or password?
Take a look at our online web tip: changing username and/or password.
How do I set up website accounts for people who use ROOTS within my subscription?
Please see How to register website users. If you subscribe to both sets of ROOTS resources, you can choose if someone has access to AAA, CYP or both.
Questions about ROOTS subscription packages
I'm not based in the UK. Can I subscribe?
Definitely. We have ROOTS subscribers in many different countries. Find out about our international subscription packages here.
The person who administers my subscription doesn't use a computer. Is this a problem?
The person who administers the subscription can still use the phone or post to place an order or renew the subscription. However, they wouldn't be able to set up web user accounts for anyone in your group. As a one-off, could you sit alongside them at a computer and register any web users?
Will I be able to access ROOTS materials on a shared computer?
Yes, as long as you have a user account. If you have access to a shared computer (in a church office or library, for example), you can access the online resources and manage your subscription.
As you will be accessing password-protected information on a shared computer, may we take this opportunity to remind you not to save your login details on the shared computer, and to log out once you have finished your session on the ROOTS website.
We hope that we have helped to answer your queries but if you do have any other questions, please let us know via the Contact us form.