The ROOTS partners
ROOTS is a partnership of denominations and other Christian organisations.
How the partnership works
As a charity, ROOTS has a board of trustees comprising representatives from each of the organisations above. The trustees meet regularly to discuss and advance the work of ROOTS.
The ROOTS trustees
Each partner organisation nominates a trustee who sits on the ROOTS board and the ROOTS Management Group. The current trustees are:
- Christian Education: Zoe Keens
- Churches Together in Britain and Ireland: to be appointed
- The National Society of the Church of England: Thomas Allain-Chapman
- The Methodist Church: Jo Hibbard
- The United Reformed Church: Revd Jenny Mills
- The Welsh Sunday School Council: Aled Davies
Initial financial support
Each of the partners provided loans to establish ROOTS. We would also like to thank The Jerusalem Trust, The Beatrice Laing Trust and The Allchurches Trust for their initial financial support.
Balancing business and ministry
ROOTS is a charitable limited company. Income comes solely from subscriptions. We do not seek to make a profit, but to be self-financing, serving the Churches by balancing ministry with business.