For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), 2018, (the "Acts") the data controller is ROOTS for Churches Ltd, Edward Rudolf House, 69-85 Margery Street, London, WC1X 0JL.
Our policy sets out:
- how we collect and use personal data,
- who we share it with,
- protection of data,
- your rights and responsibilities; and
- how to contact us.
Collection and use of personal data and cookies
During your interaction with us, whether via our website, social media, by email, by phone, through completion of surveys, or by any other means, we may collect personal details such as your name, address, email address, telephone number in order to provide you with information or reply to your queries. We will also collect and process data about you if you purchase a subscription from us and/or if you sign up to become a ROOTS member. We may also receive data about you from the person who manages your subscription and your access to the ROOTS website.
We may use such personal data collected to:
- process and manage your subscription so that we can fulfil the contract of sale we have with you
- send you communications about the ROOTS resources and related information that we feel may be of interest or use to you, subject to your consent
- analyse your use of our website and response to our communications and improve the services we offer, including personalising our communications with you.
A cookie is a small file created by a web site and then stored on your computer. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can control if and when you allow cookies to be stored on your machine, and can view or delete any cookies stored.
- Cookies make it possible for us to better collect statistical information on visitors to our site, and in particular identify repeat visitors. This statistical information informs our content development and marketing of the site.
- The cookies we create contain no personal details, only a unique identifying code that allows our system to identify repeat visitors to our system. We store this identifying cookie in addition to your computer or network’s IP address; the date and time you visited; the page you visited and if available the previous site or page that linked you to this page (for example a search engine).
- We cannot identify other web sites you visit or what pages on those sites you visit other than that mentioned above. We cannot read personal information from your computer, or read information created in cookies from other web sites. We cannot identify who each web site visitor is, or gain any private information on each visitor.
If you would like to know more about cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org
Sharing personal data
We may also pass information that you have given us to our suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we entered into with them. Such information may be processed by the staff of such third parties for purposes including without limitation the the management of your subscription, the banking of financial transactions, administering the website and for internal operations or other functions, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, improving the website.
Details of any third party to whom your financial information may be passed for management of your subscription will be available on request. Such a request will be subject to separate terms and conditions.
These third parties are required under contract not to use your personal data other than to provide the services requested by ROOTS for Churches Ltd and to guarantee to our satisfaction that they have sufficient processes in place to ensure the security of your data whilst it is in their care.
You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with our contractors and third party service providers for the purpose of providing services to you.
We do not sell or rent personal data about our customers to third parties.
We reserve the right to release personal data when we believe that release is appropriate in order to comply with the law, or to enforce our terms and conditions, or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers, or other third parties.
ROOTS for Churches Ltd maintains pages on Facebook and Twitter. If you interact with us using third party sites such as Facebook or Twitter, please note that we cannot control how your data is collected, stored, used or shared by thirdparty sites or to whom it is disclosed. Please be sure to review the privacy policies and privacy settings on your social networking sites to make sure you understand the information they are sharing. If you do not want a third party site to share information about you, you must contact that site and determine whether it gives you the opportunity to opt-out of sharing such information. ROOTS for Churches Ltd is not responsible for how these third parties may use information collected from or about you.
Protection of personal data
We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that all the personal data that you have submitted to us remains secure and have procedures to protect the storage and disclosure of personal data.
Your rights and responsibilities
You have the right to access the personal data which we hold about you and to have any errors corrected. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have correct contact information. This will enable us to provide you with the best service possible. We will not hold personal data longer than deemed necessary.
If at any time you wish your personal data to be completely removed from all our systems, or if you just want to update any personal data we have about you, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at ROOTS for Churches Ltd, Edward Rudolf House, 69-85 Margery Street, London, WC1X 0JL.
Please contact us by any means if you have any questions or are unhappy about the way your data is used. We hope we will be able to resolve any problems or issues you may have. If you are not satisfied with our response you may wish to contact the Information Commissioner at www.ico.gov.uk