In your ministry to adults, ROOTS Adult & All Age helps you to nurture them in their journey of faith.
Find out how ROOTS Adult & All Age resources can support you in different situations and contexts, for example:
- planning and leading worship services
- running a Bible study group or homegroup
- ministering to the elderly or housebound
- leading cafe church.
Planning and leading worship services
Each week, ROOTS offers you a wealth of resources to help you plan and lead a worship service.
- Bible notes help you to prepare...
...then select from a wealth of resources, grouped under Gather, Open the Word,
Explore & respond and Send out - mirroring the typical structure of a worship service...
- ... and, throughout, intersperse Prayers and suggestions for Hymns & songs.
The resources focus on one of the four Sunday lectionary readings.
Find out more about ROOTS and the lectionary
Open the Word
- Notes to set the biblical context of the readings before they are heard, plus ways of presenting the readings.
- On our website we also include a selection of the week's resources that you can use for a group Bible study.
Explore and respond to the Bible reading
- All-age introduction - drawing our attention to an aspect of our lives that is relevant to what we'll hear in the Bible reading.
Ideas for active worship that encourage personal reflection and participation, including thought-provoking images with questions for reflection
PostScript: up-to-the-minute comment published each Thursday morning, linking the Bible passage to the week's news headlines.
A variety of prayers for different times within worship, freshly written by our contributors for each issue
Published in English in both our magazines and online, and also in Welsh on our website.
Hymns & songs
- Ideas for hymns and songs - clearly marked so you can decide which are best for adults and which are more suited to all-age contexts.
- Suggestions to encourage adults to live out their faith all through the week - including a Live your faith sheet that you can distribute by print or email. See an example of the weekly Live your faith sheet
Running a Bible study group or homegroup
The ROOTS resources include a range of materials that can be put together to plan and run a Bible study, either leading up to a service based on the reading or in the following week.
Each week, we put together a selection of the week's resources that you can use for a group Bible study. This can be printed off and used as it is, or modified to suit your situation.
See an example of a Bible study web page
Ministering to the elderly or housebound
The prayers and ideas for hymns and songs could be used when worshipping at home or when leading a service in a care home. Depending on the situation, you could also adapt the all-age conversation to create a talk or discussion - see an example: all-age conversation
Our weekly Simple worship activity provides an engaging way to respond to the Word - without requiring people to move around. Could you try it with people with restricted mobility?
Leading cafe church
Each week, we offer ideas for an all-age conversation and ideas for active worship - both of which are ideal for less formal contexts such as cafe church.
See examples: all-age conversation and active worship